Monday, January 11, 2010

"Good Morning" with Tea

Lately I have been considering getting up before Maddox so I can spend some quiet time with God and get a little head start on my day... but up until this morning I had only made half efforts, which never worked out. Well last night I put my mind to it. I was going to get up at 5:30 this morning, and not just this morning, but every day this week, to see if I can really make the change.

I needed an incentive, though. I needed something that I knew would make me happy right off the bat so I wouldn't be stumbling out of bed thinking, "curses on this dark morning!" While I am completely in LOVE with the smell of coffee, I can't stand the taste, so unfortunately I don't have that first cup to look forward to on my way out of bed. I do, however, like tea very much. So before I went to bed last night I set up a cute little tea station, all ready to go for my 5:30 awakening.



Sure enough, when I stirred at 5:45 (having no recollection of the alarm going off at 5:30), I thought of my tea waiting for me downstairs, and had a smile. Still somewhat reluctant, I pulled myself from under the warm, heavy covers and trod down the stairs to make my tea.


Moroccan Mint

The morning ended up being really wonderful. I was able to spend about 30 minutes praying, reading my Bible, and journaling. Maddox woke up around 6:30, at which point I got him out of his crib and brought him back into bed with me. We fell back asleep until 8:00. :-) I think that's the only reason I am functioning at all right now!

"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."
Psalm 5:3

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...