Monday, November 8, 2010

Cacao Freezer Bites




My friend Renae served up some of these goodies right out of the freezer the last time we visited her family in Laramie. She was kind enough to share the recipe and I just got around to trying them yesterday. Why did I wait so long?! These little guys are perfect for getting your chocolate fix without filling your body with junk. While the recipe calls for cacao powder, I used carob powder (a great sub for chocolate) because I'm pregnant and carob contains zero caffeine. I hope you enjoy this whole food dessert-snack as much as I do!

Cacao Freezer Bites
1 cup almond (or peanut) butter
1/4 cup agave (or honey)
2 heaping Tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa or carob)
1/8 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup walnuts, diced
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp flax seeds

In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients well. Using hands, roll into teaspoon sized balls. Freeze on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Store in bag or tupperware in freezer. yum yum YUUUUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...